Reminders and Dates

Dates:
The last week of school will be early release.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013


We have been SOOO busy in class these past few weeks. The class has been working hard on researching and presenting their information. I do not even think they realize just how much they have learned! I am so proud of them. See for yourself how much they are doing all over our blog.

     We had a wonderful time on our field trip to see Seussical the Musical. We ate in the cold BUT we got the best seats in the house! We are so appreciative of Mrs. Fredericks (fellow 2nd grade teacher) for submitting a grant request to Target so that field trip would be subsidized to only $5 per student! I also wanted to thank Mr. Carter for accompanying us and being such a big help!

Below are some pictures of our display in the hall to fight discrimination. We read the Sneetches and had a wonderful discussion about the character traits we need to have to fight against discrimination. The students created their own Sneetch with a character trait on their belly. If you do not know the story of the Sneetches I highly recommend it. Please ask your child to give you a summary of it as well.